Creating a Radio Stream – Radio Reference
Creating a Radio Stream via www.RadioReference.com – Host for Stream – Read here for costs relating to covering streams within their company. Amazing!
- WIKI Blog from Lindsay Blanton
Creating your radio stream for live listeners on the internet is really quite easy.
If you need help, please email me and I can certainly provide assistance in getting stream up and running. !
For many years I used Media Encoder 7 , then version 9.0. This was a successful program, due to a need for good upload bandwidth, really couldnt have that many connections at once.
This year I have moved Stream to Radio Reference website. They do require a few rules to be followed, I certainly haven’t had any problem streaming, especially compared to what USA streams are active. The terms below do seem to concentrate on USA.
This form of Radio Stream i feel is sturdy and also can handle hundreds of connections, even upto a possible 3000 as web page suggests.
Feed Provider Terms of Service Link
Feed providers are not allowed to broadcast the following content without specific authorized consent from the RadioReference Audio Management Staff:
- SWAT “type” operations if on dedicated channels or talkgroups
- Narcotics / CID / Investigations or other tactical operations
- Prison and corrections communications
- Dedicated channels or talkgroups for Ambulance to Hospital Communications
- Dedicated Federal Government or Military Communications (exceptions include any fire fighting or EMS operations, space shuttle launch or ISS communications, park ranger operations)
- Any commercial service broadcast (FM/AM/TV etc)
- Music or talk show of any kind (commercial or non-commercial)
- DJ or other type of similar activity (commercial or non-commercial)
- Open Microphones
- Schools/School Buses
- Citizens Band (CB)
- GMRS or FRS (either simplex or repeaters)
If a feed provider broadcasts the above content without authorization, RadioReference reserves the right to immediately terminate the feed.
Feed Provider Incentives Link
RadioReference is pleased to announce incentive rewards for feed providers based on a threshold for number of concurrent listeners on an individual feed. They breakdown as follows:
- If a feed breaks the threshold of 750 concurrent listeners on a feed for any given time, the feed provider will receive a $50 gift certificate to Scanner Master.
- If a feed breaks the threshold of 1000 concurrent listeners on a feed for any given time, the feed provider will receive a $75 gift certificate to Scanner Master.
- If a feed breaks the threshold of 1500 concurrent listeners on a feed for any given time, the feed provider will receive a $200 gift certificate to Scanner Master
- If a feed breaks the threshold of 2000 concurrent listeners on a feed for any given time, the feed provider will receive a $300 gift certificate to Scanner Master
Now, here are the rules, disclaimers, etc
- Premium feed broadcasters are not eligible for incentive awards.
- For each occurrence that a feed provider qualifies for a reward, they will receive only the “best” reward that they qualified for. (i.e. if your feed reached 1100 listeners you’ll receive a $200 gift certificate only).
- Feed providers may only qualify for an incentive reward once every 30 days
- Feed providers may only qualify to receive a maximum of 3 of each reward type in a 365 day period.
- Feed providers may not use SPAM or other nefarious techniques to promote their feed, however the use of Twitter, Facebook, and other social networking platforms to promote a feed is encouraged
- RadioReference reserves the right to change this incentive program at any time.
- RadioReference reserves the right to evaluate eligibility for an award based on feed provider terms of service and the site’s terms of service
- RadioReference reserves the right to evaluate eligibility for an award based on technical issues, such as misbehaving audio clients or false/invalid listener counts.
We sample feeds once every 3 minutes or so to determine number of listeners and uptime, so we can review past stats to verify eligibility for a reward.